Thursday, December 05, 2002

Psalm 3

An echo from the heart of David taken from Psalm 3
Lord you are........

* A shield

* My glory

* The lifter of mine head.

* One who hears

* The One who will save me from mine enemies.

* The One who owns salvation


Oh, Lord I cry to you, be my Shield. May your glory shine from my life. Lord you are the one who hears. Life mine head and save me from my enemies for you are my salvation.


Psalm 3 is a morning prayer.

1. David cried to the Lord because of his enemies.
2. He needed help and protection
3. He knew that the Lord heard his cries.
4. He was able to sleep.
5. He knew that the Lord would sustain him
6. He did not fear because Salvation belonged to the Lord. He knew that the Lord would take care of his enemies.


Other thoughts:

David cried out to the Lord for protection knowing that the Lord would save him. He praised God through out his cry for help.

The name Psalm means the book of praises or the book of praises or righteous songs.

No comments: