Sunday, August 07, 2005

Eternal Security

Eternal Security
What are my beliefs on eternal security?

I believe that when a person becomes a Christian he is given eternal security. This security is received through salvation as a gift from God.

I am secure in my salvation for these reasons:

1. I have heard His voice and know Him. He has given me the gift of eternal life.

John 10:27-30 “My Sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

2. After hearing the Word of truth and trusting in the gospel of salvation, I believe I was sealed with the Holy Spirit. The Lord takes pleasure in giving us this gift.

Ephesians 1:7, 9, 10, 13 (7)“In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;” (9) Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself.”(10) “that in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:”(13) “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of Promise.”

3. My works will be judged, but I shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 3:15“If any man’s works shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet as by fire.”

4. Jesus blotted out the handwriting against me.

Colossians 2:14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.”

5. God keeps his promises.

Hebrews 1:16-20 “(16) For men verily swear by the greater oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.(17) Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by oath:(18) That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: (19) Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entered into that within the veil;(20) Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

6. Christ said it was finished when He died.

John 19:30b “He said it is finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost”

7. I have become a new creature in Christ.

2nd Corinthians 5:17-21 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself be Jesus Christ, and hath given us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us; we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

8. I am persuaded that nothing can separate me from the love of God.

Romans 8:37-39“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

(All Scripture taken from the King James Version of the Bible.)

No comments: