Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just some thoughts...

Something gleams down the road. A shining speck, a tiny bobble. It catches the eye, going out of the way to see what it is? It shines but is worth nothing. What is this? Leaving the path? Only for a moment, does the time lost matter? Did you pay attention to the way? Can you get back again? A rock, nothing more. Where are you though? Did you know that is the wrong path?


My heart cries. I have seen you skipping happily along the right way. I have seen the beauty of a life content in serving God and others. I have seen joy on your face. It is gone.

Did you see the ways of the world? Did they look bright and full of wonder? Do you see now that they are hard and full of ugliness?

What can I do? What can I say to bring you back to the path. I am calling. Can you hear my voice? Does it direct you. Run back. Do not follow the other path.

This is the way, walk ye in it. Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your strength and with all your might and love others also. Seek to please the Lord for in pleasing Him you will be truly content.

The path of this world is hard, it dulls the eyes and those who follow it lose sight of hope. Turn around hope is near do not run from truth embrace it.

No comments: