Thursday, June 15, 2006

Canoes and such..

I spent Sunday afternoon paddling down the guadalupe river with a friend. We had a blast watching for turtles and fish. It was a pretty hot day so after a while we decided to swim.

Once, while we were in the water we came across a snake. He was also in the water for a swim. He was less than 5ft. away so you can imagine that I was ready to climb back inside the boat. The little guy (about 3ft long) couldn't figure out what to do when he saw us. He started swimming away, then turned to swim back. I have never climbed inside a canoe as quickly as I did then. My friend was not far behind and he accidently filled the canoe with water. Times were shaky. We paddled to shore to dump the water out of the canoe since neither one of us wanted to try to dump it out in the river. Fun times!

No comments: