Thursday, July 20, 2006

The pattern

My brain fights.

I struggle.

I'm meant to be someone. ~I'm am no one.

I cannot tolerate mediocrity. ~ I cannot rise above it.

I am a rebel without a cause.

I am an angel without a vision.

I do good, but wish to be bad.

I wish to be good but find no happiness in it.

I struggle with the desires of my heart.

I feel small.

I have no goals.

I have goals.

I outgrow my goals.

I become bored with my goals.

I cannot think of a goal which is big enough to warrant my attention.

People try to put me inside a box or define goals for me.

I feel trapped.

I pull away to escape but realize all is utterly pointless.

I look for a way to get around the fact that things are pointless.

I enjoy the small things.

I keep myself hidden from reality.

Reality calls to me.

I rise to meet it.

It washes over me like a tsunami.

I am overwhelmed.

My reaction is to flee.

My heart flees. ~My body remains.

I become depressed, withdrawn.

Physically ill.

My head and health torment me.

I must flee.

I flee.

People push me to do and be more. ~ The more they push, the less appealing it seems.

I start again on my rise to the top.

People view my goals to be worthless, my talents wasted, my life at best, a cry for help.

I give up.

The pattern continues.

2 comments:

David Edward said...

that was excellent
JOIN THE HUMAN RACE
we all go through this, except in my case for being an angel and having goals.

Sarah Retzloff said...

Your right! I can't tell you how many people have written me to say the exact same thing!