Friday, April 09, 2004

Life at the Moment...

Life at the moment isn't what it seems to be, or is it?
I read a post on the RI that asked what 10 things everyone wanted to accomplish by the time they were 30. That is 9 years away from me and I have already done several of the things most people listed i.e. graduate from high school and the like. Instead of motivating me and helping me get excited about the future that is ahead. It depressed me. I don't have goals. I mean, I do but they are the far off, never become reality kind of goals.
In reality, I am sitting here thinking life stinks. (I am 21, supposedly, one of the greatest ages there is in someone's life.) There really doesn't seem to be much to be done that is really worth doing. My mind comes back to the critical "So what, if someone has a degree and works for Motorola." I mean good for you, but jobs don't define life. Or do they??
I'm right in the middle of a dilemma. It isn't that I don't want to be doing something important..........I just haven't defined what the word "important" means.
Eternal value is the only thing I can place in a high standing but even in that my influence isn't very broad.
Well, I guess that is all the venting I'm going to do for now.
Here are the small things I said I wanted to accomplish by the time I am 30:
1. Do some extensive traveling2. Buy my first car or truck 3. Buy some land to call my own4. Build a cabin/art studio5. Own a horse 6. Get married7. Start a family/teach my children at home8. Teach/speak at home schooling conferences9. Be an active part of my husband's ministry 10. Lead at least 300 people to the Lord
See, nothing is big. Why can't I dream higher? Where are the dreams of youth?? *sighs* Ok, well TTYL

No comments: