Friday, April 09, 2004

Wild and Restless

Have you ever seen a stranger drive by who flashed you a genuine, friendly, how's it going, life is great kind of smile? Someone smiled at me like that today as I passed him on the road. It made me want to slam on the breaks, hop out of the car, climb into his old beat up FORD truck and go for a spin. ...I didn't, just kept driving but now I wonder if fate will ever arrange a meeting with him again and if it did would I recognize him if he wasn't smiling.
Today, I'm ready for life in a calf length cotton dress, sexy straw hat, sunning in a hammock, drinking a cherry lime aide, listening to a country tune with one of those handsome, hard working guys who has a cute crooked smile a sense of fun and romance and loves me like crazy. The kind of guy a girl always dreams of to keeping for good. Is he out there???
Perhaps I'll settle for a good family outing. I'll just pray for the guy, save for the hammock and a couple of palm trees, and wear a dorky straw hat for a rather normal day at the beach.

No comments: