Thursday, February 02, 2006

I've been really busy this week. I spend most of my day painting. Right now I am painting two columns. When they are finished they are supposed to look like marble.

I added a few new students to the art classes I teach. They were really cute. No one wanted to leave at the end of class. It was kind of funny...one of the little girls begged me to ask her mom if she could stay longer. Considering she was 7 and had already been drawing for the last hour I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm going to be babysitting this weekend. A two year old boy named Dakota. I've never met him but I've known his mom for a while now. It was really kinda strange because I have seen her a few times a week for about six months but she didn't mentioned that she had a little boy until she asked me if I would move in with her to be his nanny. His dad is leaving and she will have no one to take care of him while she works. I'm not really interested in being a nanny but I did tell her I would help out while she is looking for one. Her job requires her to be away every evening from 5:00pm-1:00am. I would have no social life if I were to take on that responsibility full time. ~I hate telling people no though, it makes me sad.

Ginger and I went to the park today. We just took a walk and did some running. I love the fact that she has short legs. Even when she is running pretty fast I can keep up with her with an easy jog...my other dog liked to run a little faster and trying to keep up with him was not as simple.

I had to renew my registration this morning. I can't believe how much we let people charge us to prove we own a vehicle every year. I wonder who came up with the original idea? Why someone didn't use a gag on them, stuff them in a truck, or distract them during the all important meeting is beyond me. The lady at the registration building gave me a reciept. When she handed it to me she made a comment about giving them out so that people wouldn't forget they paid. She sounded so serious but it struck me as being pretty humorous because I can't imagine many people forgetting that they went somewhere and paid $60.00 for a sticker. Would you forget and try it again a few days later?? ( I can think of other reasons why they might hand out reciepts but for conversational purposes I'll just stick to laughing at her comment.)

2 comments:

David Edward said...

yes she was very funny, the freak show at the DMV here is ALWAYS memorable! as is the painful extraction of way too much money from the wallet.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

very busy!