Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ginger

Well, getting a new dog is like getting a new pair of shoes. You have to break them in before they are comfortable. Ginger is no exception to the rule. She is fluffy and had a nice bath on Sunday morning but still smells like a dog at the end of the day. She attracts dirt just like a little kid but she also loves to swim.

I took her to town with me in search of a second new collar since she managed to break the first one yesterday. We got a really pretty leather one this time complete with metal rings and closers. The plastic ones just don't seem to do the job. Anyway, after picking up the collar I decided to stop by a friend's house just to say hello. They let Ginger play in the backyard with their pup while we were inside. She must have got tired of wrestling with the little fellow she was playing with because before I knew it she was swimming in the kiddie pool. She had a great time. Her new friend Toby looking on in horror from his spot outside of the pool. She just ran around in there snapping at the water and jumping around like a fish.

She must have been taking lessons from the country dogs because she knows just the right way to chase cars. First, she crouches real low when they start heading her way. Then, just as they past she lets out a burst of speed and dashes after them. This is an area we will be working on in the future...though to tell you the truth I am a little stumped.

She doesn't have much use for sheet music yet so when we loaded up in the truck for the ride home I heard a small ripping sounds. Rip, rip, rip. I looked down to see what she had. She was in the middle of shredding the music my friend had arranged for me several years back. I had just gotten my second copy of it and let me assure you that it took me a year to convince him I needed another copy enough for him to locate one.

No comments: