Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Monday and Tuesday

Gary came to for a visit. We had lunch at CiCi's Pizza and spent the day catching up on life. A walk to Dairy Mart was an added touch of fun and umm..yes, we had ice spitting contests while sitting and visiting on the tailgate of my truck. Gary won...I think he has had more practice!
My Grandparents got to celebrate an anniversary. My whole family headed next door for dinner and singing and, of course, we took Gary along for the thrill!
Tuesday dawned bright and early. I tried to sleep late but decided to give up around 8am. We spent the morning hanging out at home but that afternoon Gary and I decided to take the little turtle I caught last Sun. out to the park. We released him in a muddy river which should have been just right for a common musk turtle such as himself to enjoy. He was cute...he took a few short steps toward the water and then tumbled the rest of the way in.
The park was beautiful so Gary and I just hung out in the sunshine and enjoyed being out of doors all day. Later we had supper and I hugged him goodbye around 2:30am when he headed home. He will be in Iraq towards the end of the month. Pray for his safety and protection.

No comments: