Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Just talking...

Well, most of you figured out that the 31rst was off to a bad start in my neck of the woods. It did get better. I left the house about 4pm to help out with a fall festival at my church. Arrived in time to sweep out some extra water and hang up a train sign.

When that was done I accidently got myself a babysitting job. After about 20minutes of following a two year old around we went back to her Grandmother and I took over the job of opening hotdog buns and placing them on little paper holders. This was actually enjoyable because I got to see all the people ~at least all the hotdog eating people. I had a partner in crime and we had a good time joking around. Then I got replaced by the volunteers who had signed up for the second shift. This was rather sad, because then I had nothing to do.

It was about that time that I heard a cry for help. Someone had been stuck in the fishing booth longer than nature wanted to allow so I took over her job for a while. Feeding the lines candy as they slung themselves over the wooden barrier. It was rather dangerous as we had some very gung ho fisherpeople.

Once my job in the fishing booth was done I replaced an older couple at the basketball toss. There I stayed for most of the night. Things started coming to an end and I was told not to hand out anymore tickets but I was asked to stay there and keep an eye on the temperature of the players. This I did for what seemed like an unreasonable amount of time. I finally walked up to my instruction giver and told her that I needed to go and asked if she wanted me to bring her the basketball. She had forgotten that I was still over there.

I was talking with Mr. Charlie while the guys started putting away picnic tables.He asked if I wanted to help him move one so I did. We moved three...they seemed a bit heavy. The main problem with moving them is that I am sooo stinking short I couldn't get any height on them. Me thinks I shall leave all the heavy picnic table moving to the guys in the future.

1 comment:

David Edward said...

i dont think I have ever heard an evenings ebvents related from such a perspective. it seems like you were there, but not into the event. Thank you for serving your church family. you lasted longer with the two year old than I would have.