Thursday, December 15, 2005

Osmosis?

How well does osmosis actually work? This morning when I started to make my bed I realized that I had spent the night with a dictionary. I'm not sure if any words sunk in over night but here a few words to ponder:

Squamosal ~A thin plate-shaped bone of the vertabrate skull that forms the forward and upper part of the temporal bone in humans.

trypanosome~a simple microscopic oganism (protozoan) that lives as a parasite in the blood of certain vertebrates, including human beings. It is transmitted by insect bites and causes serious diseases. (This is the little guy that is said to trigger sleeping sickness.)

vituperate~to attack somebody in harshly abusive or critical language. (That one might come in handy, I can see throwing into a yelling match with someone! "Now you don't vituperate with me young man!" " Wha-what?")

Cybernate~to control a manufacturing process with a servomechanism or computer.

You guys heard of Cyberphobia??? It is a pathalogical fear of computer information and technology. I thought the word to describe that was ignorance but I guess in this day and age "cyberphobia" is more palatable to the common ear..

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

You know I've always done this thing, I start to just look up one word in the dictionary then there's a word in the description of it I don't know so I end up looking that word up and so on and on it goes. You can learn a lot that way can't you? I sure have..:o)

Rhiannon

Sarah Retzloff said...

They make great reading material!!