Friday, December 23, 2005

Well now...this has been a day!

Ok, I told Ryan the last one to Grandmother's house was a rotten egg when he pulled out in the car ahead of me on our way home (to grandmom's) this afternoon. I had no idea what I was getting into but this trip was crazy! I stopped on the way out of town for one last soda from my favorite place and then sped up because I had a little catching up to do with Ryan, who has never been one to drive fast, I soon passed him and headed laughingly on my merry way.

Got into Bay City and told my sister that the policemen always sat at a particular place...eased on down to the posted speed limit and went past it without seeing a single police car. Guess I sighed a breath of relief a hair tooo fast because...as I was getting to the outskirts of town I sped up. We passed an officer who made me take a quick glance at my speed...I asked my sister what the speed was supposed to be, and we passed a speed limit sign that was posted at 7o...I looked down...was maintianing that speed so kept on going. Apparently though the speed limit was posted at... 55 when he clocked me because the sirens went off. You know the sinking feeling?

Well, first of all I have to tell you that...Bay City has one hot policeman, he walked up to the truck and started talking. Told me I was speeding asked me if I had a reason, I didn't have a good one, and really squirmed in my seat when my brother passed me up...the officer asked about the hole in my dashboard and how it got there, and I told him my dog climbed up there and broke it...anyway, to make a long story short...he decided to warn me. I am soo glad he was in a good mood. To tell you the truth...he was really nice and I didn't even mind getting pulled over.

Headed back down the road and Mom called the cell phone to give me a hard time. She said something about passing two hot blondes flirting with a police officer. I assured her that we were and mentioned that he wanted to know where we were headed and where we lived and all that good stuff...totally had fun with that conversation knowing that the blessed man had only given me a warning. (Normally, I would be a nut case for a week for being pulled over but today my spirits were high!)

Ok, so I catch up with my brother and pass the guy again...but I had to make a pit stop so I watched in agony as he drove on by and waved. I was standing there waiting in line for the woman's restroom when out walked a guy. He caught my look of suprised turned bright red and mumbled something about the other one being out of order. Not wanting the poor fellow to die right there I told him he was the best looking women I ever saw. He grinned and I heard him laughing as he walked out the door with his buddy. They waited for me to come outside and wanted my number so I gave it to them quickly but didn't hang around to chat since I still wanted to catch up with my brother...I didn't think I could handle getting pulled over and getting beat. All the way there the trip was pure torture...couldn't seem to catch up with the other car...but as we got to my home town luck was with us and I squeaked past Ryan at the last possible minute pulling into the driveway a mere matter of seconds before he did. What a trip...numbers, cute cops, and speed. Gotta love being alive and living in Texas, oh...and beating your kid brother even though you know he never exceeded the speed limit at any point on the trip, plus phone calls from cute guys you meet in gas stations...well, that can be a plus!

2 comments:

David Edward said...

I would have handcuffed you are put you in the patrol car

Sarah Retzloff said...

Well now...he didn't know all the information you know Mr. David.