Thursday, October 20, 2005

Application to Date me (Part 1)

I was searching for a photo in my e-mail account when I came across the beginning of a project I started playing with sometime last year. Several things went into my decision to write this but the main reason was just for fun. I suppose I also wanted to scare away most of the casual offers. Hand a guy something like this before you will even consider dating him and you probably won't have to deal with him again...or it'll take him at least 6 months to figure out how to answer the questions!

I never actually handed this baby out but I figure I'll put it here for entertainment value.
Will I consider dating someone who fills it out?...of course, if he fits my qualifications.
The thing about this application is that there are some questions that don't have a right or wrong answer and some that do. Honesty is always the best route so if you do take the trouble of filling it out be truthful. Sure if you want to use this for yourself feel free to print it out.
..Haha, seriously you can really succeed in scaring people off by doing strange things like that so don't blame me if the guy/girl you hand this to goes running off in the other direction! (*evil grin* That is the purpose right?)

Date: ___/ ____/ 20__

Full Name:
Tag:
Address:
E-mail:
Website/weblog?
Phone Number: (___)___-_____
Cell: _____-______ Pager:____-_____
Age:____ D.O.B.: ___/___/__GPA: ___. _
Curfew: __: __am
Normal rising time: ___am
Time you prefer to retire at night: ______
Race:__________ Height:_____'____" Weight: ____lbs
Eye Color:___________
Do you consider yoursef athletic?_yes _no _somewhat
Hair Color (natural / current): _________ / ___________
Do you have any Piercings: ______
Locations:_________________________
Any tattoos?________
Where & What? _______________________________
Are you planning on getting any tattoos/piercings in the future?
___Yes
___Thinking about it/undecided/couldn't say for sure
___No, Never

Do you currently own a vehicle?____
Model: _______________________
Year: _____
Color: _____
Number of Speakers: _______
Size: ______________________
Type of deck used: ____________
Trucks:_________________

When questioned by others would you defend:
__ Chevy
__ Dodge
__ Ford
__ Other/______________________
__Undecided

What would you say your clothing tastes run toward:
(Check as many as apply)
__Western
__business casual
__Skater
__Dressy
__Mom buys my clothes sowhatever she picks out
__Casual
__Hippie
__Gothic
__50s
__Other
__Preppy
__Don't care
__Classic
__Punk
Favorite clothing brand: __________________
Shoe Co.: ______________

Have you ever been convicted of a felony? ____
If so, explain? __________________________
_____________________________________
How do you feel about the following habits?

Drinking acoholic beverages? _______________
___________________________________
___________________________________
Smoking? ____________________________
Do you dip? ___________________________
Cussing?_____________________________
Use of illegal drugs?______________________
___________________________________
If you participate or plan to participate in any
of the above activities please list here.
___________________________________
What is your goal in life?___________________
___________________________________
Do you dance? ______ Explain:_____________
___________________________________

Do you play/participate in any sports _____
Which sports?___________________________
I:
__Play to kill
__ Play to win
__Play for fun but like to win
__Playfor enjoyment
___Depends on the group I am playing in.

Do you watch sports? _____

Which ones?_______________________
Do you race cars?____

In 50 words or less answer the following questions:
(Unless you would like to write a book on the subject
...in which case go ahead!)

1) Why do you want to date me? __________________________________
__________________________________
2) What is your idea of a date? __________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________
Do you plan on dating as:
__ friends
__ casually
__with the intent of a serious relationship that
would end ideally end in marriage?

Anything you want to clarify on the above choice? ________________________________
________________________________

What standards do you set for yourself within a dating relationship?
________________________________
________________________________
________________________________
________________________________
Are you willing to abide by the standards and rules that I set up for those dating me?
__ Yes, absolutely
__ Yes, but I might try to change those.
__ No, not really
__ Like what are you talking about here?

Ever been married? _yes _no
Ever been engaged?_____ How many times?____
Have any children? _____________________________
Any situations that you should tell someone you are wanting to date? __________________________________________
How do you feel about having a live in girlfriend?__________
__________________________________________
Ever had any? _yes _no _currently (Allow me to clarify that I am not able or willing to be that kind of girlfriend so if your leaning that way count me out. I'm just trying to see where you stand on the issue.)

Ok, well, that was a start at something....Not all the questions are important. Some of the issues hardly matter while others are very important. I don't really know why I put this whole thing together...or why I posted it...guess I'm just bored.

Not really taking applications currently but hey, if you think your the man for the job go ahead and apply. Be sure to include a personal testimony of how the Lord is working in your life, what your relationship with Christ means to you, how you know that you are saved and also a description of the job you are applying for and how you can fill the position.

I found a great list of questions written by someone's dad that we also might discuss before you get an answer. *grins* Send application to texasgal1983@gmail.com

6 comments:

Sarah Retzloff said...

Boss!! *hugs* Your back in computer world!!! Yeah! Hey now...an application is an equal opportunity thing. Filling it out really probably doesn't have anything to do with letting me know if I'd date someone. It is more about getting to know my candidate.

So I guess that means you aren't applying then? tsk tsk!

David Edward said...

I need more ink for my pen, but I am working my way through this mid term paper you assigned, I wonder what the final exam is like?
You are so smart to at least ask the right questions - even if it is hard on us Gent's to answer.

Sarah Retzloff said...

Hey there Mr. David!
...You could probably help me think up a few more questions if you wanted! I'm still trying to figure out what I need to know about my options!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Oh yeah? I'm not planning on breaking bones...a few hearts maybe but no bones.

Seriously, if I'm ever in trouble I'll call you up!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Hey, this application thing really works!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post, we are a online dating website blog network, which college students read our blog, so thanks and well post this article on our blog. Jennifer @ University of Syracuse