Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Getting to know me (Part 1)

I recently took a survey that was designed to tell people a little bit about myself. I decided to change the format and then post the information so that you can get to know me a little better.

My friends call me Sarah. "I wasn't born in Texas I got here as soon as I could.” The Lord gave me hazy blue eyes and hair that is basically blonde but borders on light brown. ~I really don’t know what color I should call it. I reached 5ft tall! Yes, this is something to shout about considering that it is a few inches taller than my wonderful Mother.

I’ve been told I’m sinister. Wait, don’t leave. -That has something to do with the Latin word for left handed. :)

I have a mixed blood pumping through my veins. The main parts of it is a bit of German, a little French, and some Irish. It is a bad mix, I get sunburned like a true fair skinned German, don’t at all have the sexy French accent and can’t dance so I don’t know where the Irish went. Wait, maybe I can’t dance because I’m Baptist and haven’t tried it much? Well, moving on...

Shoes seem to be the next topic on the agenda. I’m not wearing any shoes at all right now. It is my usual custom to take my shoes off when I sit down to play with my computer. During the summer I love to wear shoes which will slip on and off my feet with ease. However, my boots win out in the winter and when I have a pair of boots I wear them until the bitter end. Which is pretty much why you might not have seen me wearing any lately.

My biggest weakness is that I have a hard time saying no when people want me to help them with projects. This might be because one of my greatest fears is not being able to please the people I love. I’m a perfectionist by nature and that can be a great thing but if I can’t do it right then I tend to not want to do it at all, so sometimes I need a bit of a shove in the direction I am supposed to be heading.

This year I’d like to finish paying off my truck. I always have plenty of ways to spend my cash but my family has been planning to go on a choir tour of Italy. I’d dearly like to go along for the ride but when it comes down to it I’ll probably be watching the mail for post cards.

I love using instant messenger and sometimes bug my friends with an over used “hehe.” It may be one of the silliest ways of expressing laughter but LOL was my major flaw last year so I had to come up with a different term. I guess I’m just grateful to have so many wonderful friends who make me laugh when I am typing!

My first thoughts when waking in the morning are probably, “Bah, go away morning.” The reason for this is that my bedtime tends to be when my eyes start drooping from lack of sleep. A time frame for my bedtime would be about 1:30-3:00am.

I have a hard time picking one feature that I would describe as "my best." When people ask me this question in real life I usually tell them my feet. I like my feet a lot but I don’t really think they are my best feature, they are just a safe, fun, feature. I just like to see the reactions on people’s faces. If they aren’t shocked then I know what they think about me!

I loved being part of the local 4-H groups as a young person. I remember being rather sad when I said goodbye to friends, competitions, and learning through such a great program. My favorite projects in 4-H had to be the camping trips we took as part of the field and stream group. I also loved being part of the photography projects and learning to sew. The project I hated most was probably cooking for the food and nutrition group or the public speaking competitions. I always enjoyed getting ready for them but the actual interview or speaking time was torture! Probably because the perfectionist side of me couldn’t get it right and I hate being judged or scored.

My favorite soft drink is Coca Cola Classic. I rarely drink a soda that is any other flavor. Pop is good stuff and I highly recommend it. I’d rather drink Coke or water to any other liquid. I don’t drink coffee or cappuccino basically I just don't like the way they taste!.

I’m a southerner but I avoid tea. If it is offered I’d rather drink lipton tea. I jokingly call Nestea “Nasty.“ ~No matter what kind of tea I’m drinking I like it better with ice being sweetened with pure white unadulterated sugar.

McDonalds wins over Burger king but that isn‘t a complete victory. I‘d normally just rather skip a meal than eat at either place. Sonic wins as my overall favorite spot to go for a cheeseburger in a hurry.

I don’t date much. I‘d rather just hang out with guys as friends because leading people on isn‘t very nice and I’m fairly certain that I haven‘t come across Mr. Right or if I have he hasn't figured it out yet! Sometimes I‘ll go out on a random date with a guy for fun but I really don‘t know how I feel about casual dating on the whole. I didn’t date at all until I got out of high school.

Have I been in Love? I've tripped before that is certain. I had to pick myself back up and it took a while for the wounds to heal but life did go on, so it is hard to answer that. Is love something from which you can recover???

Random statement: I like vanilla better than chocolate!

4 comments:

Sarah Retzloff said...

Hehe..I've been practicing the "no." It is important not to be so busy that you don't have time to do as the Lord would really wish. When Martha and Mary were serving the Lord one was sitting at His feet and soaking up the Word while the other was busy. The busy one was jealous and unfullfilled because she didn't have time to enjoy the company of her Savior and she complained about the other's lack of service. I ask you though...who was recieving the true blessing at that moment?

David Edward said...

That was fun I learned a lot - thanks for sharing all your interesting stuff. I wrote a piece a couple days ago that you might like. Please check it out

David Edward said...

if i had a nickle for every comment you left this morning, I would have 30 centavos. What i have is better- a chuckle and a warm feeling that I made someone smile. Thank you - I may have to link to you sometime - so be ready

Sarah Retzloff said...

Hehe...your raking in the dough! *smirks*