Sunday, October 23, 2005

Well,

Hey all,
I feel like I should write something.

*coughs*


After my last post (see application below) I almost feel like crawling under the table or something but hey...I find it amusing. Seriously! I can't help but be amused...it is funny to see how people respond.

*sidenote*
I hear my Uncle has been lurking around here...haha, scary! ~ Man, it is fun to post my thoughts here until I think that my relatives might actually be getting to know me. Who'd a thunk it? I do try to write things as they are...sometimes that is good but it doesn't always work that way. Here is the deal, if your related to me and you read this blog...Well, what's seen in computer land stays in computer land...got it? Oh, and if you tell Grandmom I popped those bags of air she has been saving I'll have a bone to pick with you. Yes, you Uncle Rod.

Back to my ramblings:

Well, people want to know what I have been doing lately. I keep telling them that I paint. They look at me like there is more to life then painting...is there? I guess I'll make a stab at telling you what I've been doing.

I was in my old stomping grounds last weekend. I went to the Rodeo with Amy Saturday night. I finally rode the mechanical bull after three years of thinking it over. All I can say is, "Better late than never!!!" It was a blast! I'd do it again in a heart beat! Amy was there so if you want to know how I rode better ask her...I am not able to say. I do know that I got really dizzy...by the time I got off that thing I couldn't walk straight. ;)

We checked out the livestock while searching for J.M. and ran into Aaron D. who was planning on being in the calf scramble. Had to watch that! Aaron caught his calf in the scramble. He was super quick, first kid to get a calf. It was good stuff!

Made a few new friends at the consert. Amy likes being way up front near the people so I got to look guys like Cooter Graw, Roger Craiger and Blue Edmunson or some such persons in the eye. ~Devin if you ever read this, your eyes are beautiful! The guys sang up a storm and a good time was had by all. Oh, and I got two signatures on my free coozie. Blue E. and Devin something... can't read the last name but when they become famous I'll be putting my coozie on e-bay so keep an eye out for it!

Went to Dad's church that Sunday. It was nice seeing everyone again! Took a nice long nap Sunday afternoon. Then met up with Amy, Nick, John, Tab, and Ryan for some late night fellowship at Sonic after evening services.

Monday: I picked up some sticks, did some raking, visited with Amy, collected some pecans, had lunch with Chad, went to see some the Mrs. Rachel and her crew and then hung out at Dairy Mart with Jeremy, Susan, Corey and a few others.

Tuesday: I hung out at the house cleaned the rodeo dirt off of my truck and talked on the phone for hours. Marvin came by so I helped him look up some information on the computer. That might have been the day I hung out with Dad dripping oil on his drill bit while he drilled holes. It is all a blur really.

Wednesday: I hung out with Mom and then headed home. It was hard for me to leave. My brother was inviting me to watch a movie with him, and my sister and mother were making sad faces at me as if to say, "Don't leave." I finally told them not to make it harder than it already was so then my sister put on a huge silly grin and started saying, "farewell!" and shoooing me out the door. She is a nut and I miss her.
I stopped by the local hangout to get a coke for the road and had to hug all the locals goodbye. They wanted to know when I was coming back but I couldn't say for sure so it stunk to not know. Then, to clench the deal, as I pulled out of town I passed a good friend who called me up on the cell phone and wanted to know if I was going to my Dad's church that night. He was. I said, "no." and sadly headed down the road to new places and other faces.

*sighs* I was almost feeling sorry for myself but then...

As I drove into town Wed. night I picked up a guy walking down the street. Don't freak out yet he was perfectly harmless. Just to make sure that my Mom's heart keeps beating I had better just admit it was Jordan. For those of you who don't know him he is a fellow home schooler who I have known since he was in diapers. He lives near me and I knew it'd be ok. We got to talking and decided to head to a Bible study the next town over on Thursday night. Yeah, I skipped church to go to a Bible study. hehe...one of those things you have to do everyonce in a while!

Friday: I hung out at the bowling alley for a few hours and helped draw faces on bowling pins. Then I went to a friend's house. We were watching a cooking show and just goofing around. Haha, how is that for entertainment?

This Saturday afternoon I got ready for a nice stroll in the park when a phone call changed my plans for the evening. Off to a Bible study with my friend. Got in late but still took time for some catch up sessions on yahoo messenger. All is well and I am getting back into the groove of things in my "other town."

Now it is Sunday. Went to church this morning and am thinking a nice long nap would be the perfect way to spend my afternoon. The park still needs a visit though so who knows which will win out?

So yeah...what do I do besides paint? Not much...just whatever comes up!

Ok, if you read all that you deserve a prize! *hug* :)

4 comments:

David Edward said...

I did NOT read it all - but I got the gist of it
You are a busy lady

Sarah Retzloff said...

Cheater! Hehe, that's ok. I'm honored that you even attempted to read the likes of what I write!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Heck yeah! Go Astros!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Robert! Glad you dropped in! If you ever need to know what I am doing this might be the place to check!