Saturday, October 01, 2005

Quote me if you like!

A college education alone is not the thing that makes you successful. Do not allow it to define you, for it does not make you who you will become. Education is a means to unlock a door. It can be a useful tool but only when you are going through the right door. I don't believe it is the only choice. If you do not have a degree to unlock the door you are not out of options. You may be of a mind to sit down and give up, or you can always choose a new door if you like. I, for one, have never been afraid of picking locks. Force is also an option. How bad do you want to go through a door? If not having a key will stop you, your resolve has been lost before you started.

Heck, I'd say the key to being successful is not unlocking doors but choosing which doors to unlock.

2 comments:

David Edward said...

I saw the 0 next to the comments and felt bad - but then Three Dog Night sang the song ONE IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER, so I may have to come back. I just like looking at your truck pictures. and yes, smart is as smart does. keep knocking down those doors!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Hehe, thanks...I have a bunch of lurkers for friends. They tell me they read this stuff...but no one seems to want to sign up so that they can leave a comment. Thanks David, I appreciate my one diehard fan!