Friday, September 30, 2005

Confession

Umm...I have a confession to make.

*guilty grin*

Well, it is like this folks. The house I'm staying in is a helter schelter wall to wall mess. That is the honest truth. I am really just a visitor but I live here so I try to tidy things up as I walk by or putting away the few items whose homes I am can figure out. Lately, a new and almost sinister temptation is upon me.

Allow me to explain.

My grandmother collects several types of products. She regularly gets shipments of beauti control, mela stinka, (I mean melaleuca) and Creative Memories. These things all bring her joy. The problem is that even packing material is reuseable and nothing that is reusable is thrown away around here. I noticed over the past few days a horribly large amount of air filled plastic bags sitting around waiting to be used for mailing or packing should that ever occur.

Then it happened, I picked one up and popped it. I threw it away. Then another, then another, then another...I'm addicted. I'm hoping she won't notice perhaps I won't die since new orders are expected in so she will soon have more packing materils... I feel terribly guilty. The worst of it? I'm somewhat addicted to seeing small spots appear in places filled with junk. I may need prayer...not sure if I can handle my random desires to throw away even useful things.

To tell you the truth I'm having a hard time coping with it all. I don't want to be a bother and have them wish me living somewhere else. I don't want to live with mountains of stuff either. Why are earthly posessions so alluring? hmm...well, I'm going to go see if there is anything else I can throw out. Later people!

1 comment:

David Edward said...

your writing gives a view into a fun and thoughtful YOUNG person. Grandma is fortunate to have you around. Maybe you could sell her on the idea of recycling her extra stuffing stuff.
Good luck