Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Arrested

I answered the phone.

"Sarah"

"Hey Dad"

"Is your mom there?"

"She is sleeping."

"Well, tell her that I am being arrested?"

"What???"

"My bond is going to be set at a thousand dollars."

"Whoa...Dad, hold up. What is going on? Why are you being arrested?"

"Oh, for the march of dimes."

*sigh of relief*


For some reason the above conversation did not make me want to help support the march of dimes. I was down right mad at first...should have seen me. In a couple of years I am sure this will be funny but today I have been on the edge of emotional agony, yes, painting does that to me on certain days. (Days when I have no flow and make more of a mess than I had when I started).. and it was a rather stressing phone call. In fact...though the actual arrest hasn't been made yet I am tempted to let him sweat it out for a while. It really isn't nice to play tricks like that on me.

No comments: