Sunday, September 18, 2005

Verses to ponder...

Proverbs 17:8
"A gift is a precious stone in the eyes of him who has it: wherever it turns, it prospers."

Proverbs 18:16
"A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men."

God, may I treasure the gifts that you have given me as precious jewels. May I use them to bring glory to you even among great men. Thank you for the talents you have given me and for the friend who took the time to remind me of these things today.

Colossians 3:1
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

Col. 3:17
"And whatsoever ye do do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

Col. 3:23
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."

2 Cor. 5:17
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things become new.

God, write these words in my heart that I might do all for your glory. Lord, help me with not seeking the approval of man, give me a heart that desires to please you only. Free me from the spirit of fear, yes, from the very fear. It is this damaging spirit that keeps me from fully walking in the joy you have laid out before me. I regocnize this and ask that you would remove it from my life. ~Amen

No comments: