Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hurricanes and other things...

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks for all the concern about the hurricane. According to the sources it seems to be hitting close to a town called Freeport which is just down the road from me...the forecast predicts thunderstorms here on Fri. and Sat. but they haven't given us any actual hurricane warnings yet...I'm still watching closely and something feels wrong with this one.
...I told my grandmother the last time we were watching a hurricane come toward us that it wouldn't come our direction so we didn't need to worry. That one hit LA but my gut feeling is to leave for the one coming in now...I may be heading out of town in my baby truck pretty soon. Finding the line between being paranoid and acting in a wise manner isn't always the easiest thing. Especially when I am meeting people everyday who just lost all of their earthly treasures due to Katrina.

Packing up...

We may be packing up. The plants in nearby towns are shutting down and they never shut down so that is a good indication that sticking around may not be the best plan. I'll be spending the day canceling things for my mother and thinking about what I should take...the hurricane probably won't hit us directly but our house floods when we get a lot of water heading our way so.........yeah.
I'll let you all know what happens if anything happens.

I'm about to head back to Seguin. (this evening or tomorrow morning unless they need me to stay until closer to the hurricane moving in.) I'd like to stick around here for a little longer but the hurricane is approaching this direction so it is a bit of a motivation to keep going. The hotels and such are booked solid all along the evacuation route.

I'm glad to have a place to go...this weekend could end up being really crazy because if my parents evacuate we will be taking my Grandmother who is on a feeding tube and completely helpless with us...I hope she will be able to make the trip. Also, Grandpa is not really able to travel much either but we'll be dragging him along. Grins, plus one of the caretakers that works for us and her son and his two house dogs. It could be fun. Actually, if I look at it like an adventure I'm sure it will be fun...hehe...just not the cleaning up part. If your in the area may God grant you safety and blessings. Let me know where you end up. texasgal1983@gmail.com if you don't feel like registering to comment!

Love you all and will probably update Sat. to let you know what is happening with the storm if a computer is available. Don't worry about it too much because my God can supply all my needs and says to not fear.

2 comments:

David Edward said...

hope you and the whole family are doing well, God bless you!

Sarah Retzloff said...

Thanks. All is well! ~Sarah