Friday, September 30, 2005

This week has been awesome.

When my family evacuated along with almost the entire Texas coast we left our home behind in what seemed to be the path of distruction. It was with strained and slightly unsettled feelings that I hugged my family goodbye and headed out. I left a day earlier than the rest hauling camping gear and other things that we thought might come in handy should the house be blown away or damaged.

Two cats and a dog huddled in various states of distress within the confines of my baby truck. The cats were panicked not having ever been in a cage at all...ever... they mewed loudly and protested with full voices at the injustice which had seemingly been thrust upon them in what was the fairest of weather. It did appear to be the most inconvienient time in thier short lives. The dog happily gazed about from his perch in the front seat. It was easy to notice that he was eager to see where the next road would lead.

All was loaded and the last of the things in my room had been placed as advantagiously as possible inside the house. Darkness was almost upon me when I left for the hills. That was the start of what turned out to be a very nice week. I arrived at my Grandparents and started helping them get organized for the others who would be joining us shortly. Washing sheets, making beds and doing the small things that add up in the long run. I'd like to say that this was all done and that the company arrived in a picture perfect world but in reality that is far from the case.

My Dad's parents, my family, and our friends all joined Grandmom, Pop and I for what turned out to be one of those crazy weekends one can only dream about and never thinks to imagine. People scattered all over the floors at night, fellowship until the wee hours of the morning, and a list of other activities to fill the day. It seemed like a family reunion. Everyone got along pretty well and even the 7 dogs and 6 cats seemed to do well together though a few of the cats stayed in cages and one is missing still. To make the end of this crazy but somewhat wonderful weekend everyone was able to travel home to find homes and yards intact. There it is folks the update on Hurricane Rita for which many of you have been asking.

Goodnight to all and I am not checking this for spelling errors so please forgive me...it is 4am and I am going to bed! ~Sarah

No comments: