Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I guess the drag racing bug bit me this year. Here are some pictures from a recent trip to the tracks. I won't be going often because it costs a fortune to get in. It was a beautiful day for the race even if the hot Texas sun did beat down with all it's wrath giving me the worst sunburn in personal history.
During the afternoon I tried to avoid more sun by borrowing a Green bay packers hat from a friend. It was big and flopped around on my head all day. I felt rather funny in it, but my face was hot so I kept it on. I also added a long sleeve shirt. I hated to wear it because of heat but the red glow of my skin was rather painful to the eyes of others.
Evening at the track was my favorite time. The sun had settled down to a glow and racing spirits were high. I enjoyed the company of racers, but my favorite glimpse of racing life was being involved with the families that participated on a regular basis. They showed no end of cheer and hospitality. I was invited to eat them, and they treated me just like an extra member of the family!

*Heck, perhaps I'll get in on a drag race or two one of these days. Anyone teach me how to drive a standard? Varooom!!!

No comments: