Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ya never know...

The dog was barking when Dad opened the door to see what was wrong.
I looked out the window and could tell that the old boy was after something so I picked up a coke bottle to chunk at him because whatever it was had placed itself between us and the dog so we couldn't get to the dog to restrain him.

Help was on the way, but desperate raccoons take desperate measures. He weighed his options then plunged inside our house. I was pretty close to the door where he entered so I started getting out of the way as fast as I could but he saw me. He was a little agitated so he decided to attack. I had nothing to do but throw my coke bottle at him. This changed his plans and he ran into my room.

First he climbed my guitar, he was about to reach the top of my dresser and my two expensive porcelain dolls when his unsteady perch crashed to the floor. No biggie -he dashed across my bed to reach the fake tree nearby. Once there he climbed the branches, then hopped on the partitioning stand that I made using saplings and suede. This wasn't designed to hold raccoons so it toppled against the small piano that my brother is storing in my room. This was a really bad thing since the piano was storing a few folded blankets and also is right next to the open breaker box with wires hanging everywhere which is capable of shocking a half mad raccoon.

Having shut my bedroom door ,I ran outside to tie up the dog and then opened my bedroom window from the outside.

In the meantime Dad got a broom and was making some attempts at convincing the creature to leave his post by the breaker box. In the end, the raccoon is gone and the mess will be cleaned up as soon as I do some laundry. Oh, and yes, somewhere in all this I picked up a camera and snapped a shot. The available camera wasn’t the best but hopefully we will have proof of the incident. *deep sigh* What a night!

No comments: