Monday, October 24, 2005

Cousins

Today my two youngest cousins came charging up the stairway. They looked around for Grandmom and Pop but then realized that I was the only one at home. They decided to watch TV in the office so I put my keyboard away for a while and stretched out on the floor to watch the cartoon with them. All of a sudden the little rugrat who had been sitting on the couch plopped down on top of me and continued watching the his show. His bony little elbows kept digging deep into my rib cage but the look of contentment on his face that was well worth the pain.

I should have known something was up...not long after he changed locations a commercial came on, all of a sudden I found myself in the middle of an all out tickle war. The little guy just started tickling me and then he called his sister over for back up. There I was, two giggly cousins against me. Luckily they are small and haven't learned how to tickle hard yet. We were giggling and squirming until the show came on and then...magically things went back to normal. Amy caught her breath and Tyler watched and waited for his next chance to catch me off guard. Next commercial and the war was on....until the front door opened. You've never seen little kids sit up straighter or sit more quietly. It was as if we had been caught red handed in the cookie jar! I was smothering laughter because I haven't been in trouble for a long time.

4 comments:

David Edward said...

day off today, S?

Sarah Retzloff said...

Nah, I am gloriously self employed. This means...I should be going to work pretty soon.

Evil Monkey said...

Thought I'd return the favor. Nice blog!

David Edward said...

good post - it sounds like family style fun, I claim to be unticklish, but the kids still tried.
I was not to rough on you in that post was I ? Jayleigh was shocked by my behavior....